Sunday, May 8, 2011

Handing Out Promotional Leaflets

When I decided to move to England with my husband and daughter, never in my wildest dreams did I think that handing out promotional leaflets would be part of my job! As an accomplished Copywriter who mainly conjured up ideas on how to sell a product, never once did I think that I would be put to the test by actually being a front liner and doing the selling!

I must say that I find all this very exciting as it offers a whole new perspective on advertising. I still write for the web, having familiarised myself with SEO writing. Recently, I began learning the art of social media networking with the aim of promoting my copywriting business. All this, only to find that handing out leaflets on the high street does generate business for my employer, whom I work for part time.

He manufactures and installs fitted bedroom and home study furniture. While the company does have a website, it has been proven that handing out leaflets does have a positive impact on local and even out of town individuals. One might argue that people are generally polite when they take the leaflet but may chuck it away once they get home. This is true but I say that they have at least glanced at it, know you exist and will call on you the next time they need made to measure furniture.

So, there you go! While technology may be making its way into the world of selling, the good old art of handing out leaflets does seem to be working for some. More so in these difficult economic times where every bit of selling helps. Especially when it comes to keeping a Copywriter gainfully employed outside the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment