Friday, May 13, 2011

Emma Tennant or Nigella Lawson!

Our Athena Wokingham meeting on Wednesday was a lively, educational and entertaining meeting of different minds. Emma Tennant, our presenter for the day, has inspired me to write about her fantastic insight into the current world of fashion. Emma was kind enough to inform us that contrasting colours are all the rage now. But Emma, I must confess to wearing red pumps with turquoise, blue and purple tops set against black trousers and getting away with it as I am from the wacky world of advertising. My devastated daughter keeps saying "What are you wearing, Mi?" So, the general consensus is, when I am with hubby and daughter, I get their approval on what I am going out in for the day!

Back to Emma, her mannequin and how she performed magic with a simple black top and comfortable looking jeans. The pearls, the trick with just the right dash of jewellery, including the spectacular piece from Lizzie just made every ensemble look splendid. She kept dressing the mannequin up while chatting with the group of us in such an easy, carefree manner that for a moment I thought I was watching Nigella Lawson on television, conjuring up a delightful cheesecake.

Although when you come to think of it, if you decided to indulge in Nigella's recipes and succumb to giving the weighing scales a hard time, everything that Emma taught us yesterday would simply have to go out the door! But the point I am trying to make is Emma Tennant is very comfortable demonstrating and explaining about what you should wear and what must be avoided. She has a soothing way of making her audience feel good and the great round of applause after her presentation sums this all up.

I'd like to leave you with Emma's answer to Libby's question; you are never too old for skinny jeans if a 70 year old lady is wearing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment