Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolates and a bottle of wine

Last  Sunday, I received a rather pressing text message from my ex-colleague asking for some writing help. Not thinking too much about it, I spent an hour or so editing some written work for her which needed to be submitted urgently. Her Polish background did not allow her to be versatile enough in the English language, hence the need for my input. When I had gone through the text, I informed her and called it a night.

The next day, she turned up at work with a lovely bottle of wine and Belgian chocolates. Wow! I certainly did not expect her to thank me in such a profound way and needless to say, I was greatly touched. Everyone at home enjoyed the chocos but I am saving the bottle of wine for a special occasion.

For now, I am content to be living by the pen, chocolates and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment